I can't help how I feel on this day, but I also can't help but find some happiness in sharing such a good relationships with my mother for the time I had.
- I do miss our Thursday Survivor nights.
- I miss the Far Side One-a-Day cartoons she would put in with birthday cards.
- I miss the ravioli she would over cook.
- I miss her potentially blasphemous response to a variety of things that might have annoyed her - "Jesus God!".
- I miss the defensive mother who declared my 4th grade spelling bee championship downfall word Iodine as stupid.
- I miss her ranting about the Vermont State Park of the Year award (that they won her last year at Coolidge State Park).
- I miss her exasperated nasal sigh when I would break too late at a traffic light.
- I miss the Chinese buffet and our subsequent complaining about stomach aches afterwards.
- I miss her birthday and x-mas celebrations that she put so much into as if we were still 8 years old.
- I miss hearing that I was her favorite. (never confirmed but come on!)
- I miss her incessant worrying about Ebola, airplane food, cave ventilation, Toyota recalls, the cancellation of Arrested Development, my sister (you know who you are), Aspartame, George W. Bush and people who carve their initials into trees.
- I miss her pronouncing MaLe like Count Dracula
- I miss telling her about dangerous things and getting the "you're nuts" response.
- I miss the 5 second phone calls to remind me to Tivo things
- I miss the mother who loved each of her children equally
- I miss the wacky, joyful, lovable person who changed all throughout her life and always for the better
- I miss my mom
I wondered - Did you miss your mom every day like I do?
Just wondering. I forgot to ask.