Monday, October 12, 2009

Audubon Guides - Rattlesnake

It’s hot – somewhere between 93°F and 97°F degrees on the last day before the Autumnal Equinox. I know this because I have an acute sensory organ known as my skin that is covered in sweat and getting browner by the second. The momma Rattlesnake that just poked her head out from her limestone den can top me. She has a two-chambered pit found between the eye and nostril and on both sides of the head. It can sense temperature differences of less than 1/2°F. In this sultry, sub-tropical Everglades environment I must appear as a bright light on a pitch black night. TO READ THE REST OF THIS POST - HEAD OVER TO AUDUBON GUIDES WHERE I AM WRITING A WEEKLY COLUMN!

1 comment:

  1. How cool that you're getting to do this. But here's a tip from a professional copyeditor - periods and commas always go inside quotation marks.

    ReplyDelete