- How can you tell a male from a female alligator? (if there are babies and the adult is not eating them - female - otherwise it gets complicated)
- How fast can an alligator run? (up to 10 mph for a very short distance)
- Where did you get that awesome hat? (it was handmade in Cape Coral)
- How can you tell if an alligator has been fed? (illegally fed, wild alligators lose their fear of humans and will not flee in their presence)
- What are the beads of your bracelet from? (I don't know but it was a gift from a Buddhist monk)
- What eats alligators? (Everything eats baby alligators from Large-mouth Bass, Raccoons, Wood Stork and even other Alligators)
It looks like the magic trick has gone terribly wrong! Actually I was asked by a student to reveal what was in the aquarium slowly to "build the suspense".
Of course it was a baby American Alligator and everyone was wildly excited. Chomp-Chomp was spending his/her first day at school showing off with a ferocious bark - ok not so ferocious but if you heard that noise in the wild - look out for mama.
Chomp-Chomp is not a pet but works for the Everglades Day Safari like me. We enjoyed getting away from the swamp for a day. Thanks to Mrs. Taylor (for the invitation and photos) and the kids from Cafferata and Diplomat Elementary. I hope they had as much fun as I did.