A few things that I will never do again-
- Fall asleep on election night assuming the results are certain
- Order anything off of the Taco Bell Dollar Menu. Or the regular menu for that matter
- Seek refuge from a thunderstorm during a canoe trip by huddling under a train trestle
- Drive a 16-foot rental truck while towing a pickup on a car carrier from
It's more than 1500 miles from
I'm notorious for losing things out of the back of my truck.
- a giant stuffed teddy bear
- a 3-foot tall plastic coke-bottle penny jar filled to the top
- an 80-year old wicker chair heirloom
- a twin-sized mattress
Don't follow behind me is what I'm saying. So to drag my truck on a carrier was 100% nerve wracking. Followed every safety instruction. Went over them again 2-3 more times. Packed the last of my stuff and away I went.
It slowed me down. And I was only going 55, but from that point on, 45 became the standard speed.
In 1500 miles I never passed a single moving vehicle. It was a long, slow process but the cats and I made it in only 3 days. Oof.
Arriving meant only that I now had to unpack the 16-foot truck. At least I wouldn't have to move the 100 lb 3-foot tall plastic coke-bottle penny jar. So intent was I to unpack that I neglected the one rule of
Sunset on Sanibel Harbor